Welcome to Special Education
Tahoe Truckee Unified School District prides itself on providing special education services to all individuals with special needs and their families through quality programs that provide students unique opportunities to learn skills necessary to be happy, healthy, productive members of their community. Tahoe Truckee Unified School District appreciates that all children develop at different rates and in different ways and with highly qualified teachers provide individualized, evidence-based education to maximize every child's success.
Special Education Services are offered to eligible individuals in programs designed to promote maximum interaction between students in special education and the general school population, allowing maximum interaction while still meeting the unique needs of the child in special education. Parent approval is required prior to placement or change of an education program of any child, whether they are receiving special education services or not.
The Special Education Department will strive to:
- Assist students with disabilities in choosing pathways for success and development of self advocacy skills.
- Commit to continued enrichment of skills and knowledge of special education personnel.
- Adapt as needed to serve an expanding and identified population of students with disabilities.
- Expand inclusionary opportunities.
- Provide support services per IEP for students with identified disabilities, enabling them opportunities for success in school and beyond.
- Satisfy legal mandates set by State and Federal law (per IDEA) regarding identified students with disabilities.
Placer County SELPA