Alder Creek is a middle school where students thrive emotionally, socially, and academically. We have world-class teachers to serve a great group of young people. Learning is personalized to engage and challenge every scholar, and a rigorous and relevant curriculum is provided in a climate of positive relationships.
At Alder Creek Middle School, we have established the principles of rigor, relevance, and relationships as a reflection of our values as teachers and professionals. These principles represent our shared purpose and continue to guide us as educators. We want every student to feel welcome and connected to others during the crucial years of early adolescence.
We are extremely proud to have been named a California School to Watch-Taking Center Stage model middle school in 2015-2016. This year Alder Creek Middle School was named 2017 California Gold Ribbon Schools by the State Superintendent of Public Instruction. It is a testament to all of the great work underway at our school.
- Personalize learning to engage and challenge every scholar
- Providing a rigorous and relevant curriculum in a climate of positive relationships
- Students to have a voice in their learning and to continue to be motivated to do as well as they possibly can
- Acceleration in math
- 1-1 Chromebook program
- Through simulations, design thinking, project-based learning, Google classrooms, and Explicit Direct Instruction we are able to make learning come alive for all students
- Problem Based Learning and Design Thinking