Each California public school district, grades kindergarten through 12, with 51 or more English learners must form a District-level English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) or subcommittee of an existing district-wide advisory committee. The committee is comprised of school staff, parents of English learner students, and other parents and community members who are interested in English learner programs.
Rights and Responsibilities
The DELAC, or subcommittee on English learner education, shall advise the district's local governing board (e.g., in person, by letters/reports, or through an administrator) on programs and services for English learners.
The DELAC shall be responsible for advising the district's local governing board on the following tasks:
- Development or revision of a district master plan of education programs and services for English learners, taking into consideration the Single School Plan for Student Achievement.
- Conducting a district-wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district programs, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners (e.g., parental exception waivers and funding).
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and instructional aide requirements.
- Administration of the annual language census (e.g., procedures and forms).
- Review and comment on the district's reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
All meetings are Hybrid (in-person and virtual)
11603 Donner Pass Rd. Truckee, CA 96161
or online http://meet.google.com/npy-znes-zeh
Thursdays 6:00 p.m.- 7:30 p.m.
October 13, 2022
December 8, 2022
January 26, 2023
March 9, 2023
April 20, 2023
May 18, 2023