Volunteer Coach, Driver and Volunteer Parent Guidelines
2022-2023 Parent Volunteer Application Process Open!
Through a collaborative process to streamline volunteer protocol, we're excited to roll out a revised system to make it easier for parents and school sites.
There are two different processes for volunteer clearance dependent on the job function being performed. This is due to varying levels of risk and responsibility.
Supervised Volunteers will be under the supervision of a certificated employee at all times and will not be alone with students. This includes classroom volunteers, office volunteers, field trip volunteers under direct supervision, fundraiser volunteers, etc.
Unsupervised Volunteers will be with students without the supervision of a TTUSD certificated employee. This includes field trip drivers, hallway monitors, field trip volunteers where you are in charge of a group of students without staff present at all times, working with students outside the classroom, etc.
All supervised volunteers will apply through a simple online District Volunteer Application within the Raptor system. You can access the application in both English and Spanish. The form requires basic personal information so applicants can be run through the Raptor security check. Upon completion, you’ll get an email notification that your application has been received. Soon after, you’ll be notified via email of your approval status. This process only needs to be done once per school year and can be completed in less than 10 minutes. There are no fees associated with the application.
All unsupervised volunteers will be required to undergo a more robust process. Again, this is to ensure we comply with Education Code and is a measure to keep all students safe - one of our top priorities!
Unsupervised volunteers will complete the Volunteer Clearance Application online through a different system, Informed K-12. A few notes to help you fill out the form:
- Complete all red boxes in the Volunteer Information section.
- For the “Supervisor” line, write the site you’re planning to volunteer at.
- Volunteer Drivers need to attach proof of liability Insurance at a minimum of $100,000 and a maximum of $300,000
- Volunteer Drivers need to attach a 3 Year Driving Record that can be obtained online at California DMV for $2
- Click the “Submit Form” button to route it to the appropriate school site administrator.
- If you get a pop-up box asking if you’re a site/department administrator, click no.
Once your application has been routed through the appropriate channels, you’ll receive an email from a TTUSD HR employee to schedule an in-person clearance appointment at the District Office. At that appointment, we’ll explain the remainder of the process and provide the necessary paperwork. The remainder of the steps will include fingerprinting, TB risk assessment paperwork, and a few brief online trainings. All of this will be explained at the appointment with HR, and they’ll walk you through the remaining steps.
Fingerprinting and the TB risk assessment can both be completed in Truckee without appointments once you have the appropriate paperwork from HR. The fingerprinting will have a $20 rolling fee that the volunteer is responsible for. However, we don’t want this to be a barrier for any volunteers, so please contact your school site if you need financial assistance.
Upon completion of fingerprinting and submitting the TB risk assessment paperwork, we typically have results and clearance within a few days. At that point, you’ll receive an email to inform you of clearance.
Previously Approved Volunteer Drivers
If you’ve been previously approved as a volunteer driver, you do not need to go through the entire process again. For every following year after initial clearance, you’ll just need to complete the Volunteer Clearance Application online and attach a 3-year driving record that can be obtained online through the California DMV for $2 and proof of liability insurance at a minimum of $100,000/maximum $300,000.
We appreciate your cooperation throughout this process. Please know our students’ and employees’ safety is a priority, and all decisions are made with that top of mind. We value our generous and dedicated volunteers - your efforts are monumental in enriching a top-quality education for all TTUSD learners.
Our Human Resources Department facilitates the volunteer process for each volunteer once your application has been submitted. If you have questions at any time throughout the process, please contact Human Resources directly and not the school site where you wish to volunteer. The clearance process is confidential to each individual, and clearance times vary according to personal background information. Our district does not control the timeline for results provided by the California Department of Justice and FBI.
TTUSD Employees as Volunteer Drivers for School Events
- TTUSD Staff Driving Personal Vehicles as a Volunteer Driver must be cleared as a Volunteer Driver for Field Trips and/or School Events
- Please complete and submit a Volunteer Application and select Volunteer Driver email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions
- Requirement: 3 Year Driving History Obtained from DMV
- Proof of Liability Insurance Minimum of $100,000/Maximum $300,000
- TTUSD Staff Driving District Vehicles - Contact the School Site Principal's Office to be placed on the District's "Pull Program"
Volunteer Coach and Coach Certification Information - Please Attach the Following Certifications to Your Volunteer Coach Application
- Requirement: CPR Certification Course (Proof of Certification Provided at Appointment and Renewed Every (2) Two Years) - 1st Certification Requirement is In Person and Subsequent are Online Certification CPR Renewals Every (2) Years
- Requirement: First Aid Certification Course (Proof of Certification Provided at Appointment and Renewed Every (2) Two Years)
- Requirement: NIAA Concussion Course (Proof of Certification Provided at Appointment and Renewed Every (3) Three Years)
- Requirement: NIAA Fundamentals of Coaching (Proof of Certification Provided at Appointment. This is a One-Time Requirement)
- Once Your Application is Submitted to the School Site with the Above Attachments, We Will Contact You for an In-Person Clearance Appointment
Questions: Contact email@example.com and/or the School Athletic Director