Masking guidance is mandated by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). We will follow this diligently so we can open fully to in-person instruction.
- The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) mandates that face masks are required for all individuals indoors at all TK-12 facilities WHEN students are present, regardless of vaccination status.
- If an individual does not have a face mask, one will be provided to them.
- If students refuse to wear a mask, they will be escorted to the office, and the site principal will work with the student and parent/guardian regarding masking requirements.
- When outdoors, face masks are optional and not required, even on TK-12 campuses with students present.
- Students participating in band or a music class must wear a mask when indoors. Masks do not have to be worn when practicing or performing outdoors.
- Students participating in an outdoor P.E. class or activity do not need to wear a mask. Staff members are not required to wear a mask when outdoors.
- All adults must wear a face mask when working, volunteering, or visiting schools, when students are present, regardless of vaccination status.
- Unvaccinated adults must wear a mask indoors even when students are not present.
- All individuals must wear a mask while on school transportation vehicles regardless of vaccination status. Masks will be provided if one does not have one prior to boarding.
- CDPH’s stance on why they are requiring masks
The CDC continues to evaluate face coverings and currently, the CDC does not recommend the use of neck gaiters as an effective substitute for face masks. Therefore, TTUSD will not be allowing neck gaiters as face coverings. Resources:
CDPH’s COVID-19 Public Health Guidance for K-12 Schools in CA for the 2021-2022 School Year - July 12, 2021
CPDH’s K-12 Schools Guidance 2021-2022 Questions & Answers - July 29, 2021
CDC’s Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People - July 27, 2021
CDC & CDPH Recommend Masking for Public Indoor Settings to Slow the Spread of COVID-19 and the Delta Variant - July 28, 2021
Use of Masks to help slow spread of COVID-19
Masks Work. Really. We'll Show You How
Masks Make a Difference Fact Sheet in English (Nevada County Public Health
Masks Make a Difference Fact Sheet in Spanish (Nevada County Public Health)
Guidance from CDPH for the use of face coverings
Can Masks Save Us From More Lockdowns? Here's What The Science Says