All Tahoe Truckee Unified School District scholars will be provided challenging and engaging learning opportunities in order to thrive and be successful in a globally competitive age. This goal will be accomplished through collaboration with students, parents, staff, and the community, united in dedication to our children’s futures. Highly skilled, motivated and caring principals and teachers will engage scholars in effective and innovative instruction through a rigorous and relevant curriculum that promotes mastery of meaningful content, creativity, critical thinking, teamwork, problem solving, respect for diversity, the ability to communicate in multiple languages, and the effective use of technology. A culture of quality, accountability, responsibility, and respect shall characterize the school district.
1. Students are the focus of all decisions.
2. A culture of accountability shall drive excellence and promote the district vision of teaching and learning.
3. Open, honest, respectful and responsive communication is fundamental to the collaborative process.
4. The physical, social-emotional well-being of students results from a partnership between families, the school staff, and the community.
5. Learning is a process that combines nurturing, creativity, imagination, honoring a sense of wonder, and exploration of individual interests.
6. We believe in embracing the diversity embodied within our community and appreciating the richness it adds to life.
7. The Lake Tahoe region is precious, and we value our physical environment and integrate this element into our educational goals.
8. Schools, families and the community are partners in helping students develop a sense of ownership for their learning.
9. Teachers are passionate professionals entrusted with the duty of ensuring the highest level of learning for all students.
10. School principals are passionate professionals who are leaders of leaders and accountable for the success of the school.
11. All district staff members contribute to an environment conducive to providing a safe challenging and engaging learning opportunities for students.
12. The Superintendent-Chief Learning Officer has a critical responsibility to communicate a vision of the future and to initiate and support action toward the vision.
13. The board of education is entrusted with the responsibility for setting policies and strategies that are consistent with these beliefs and assures the district meets its vision.