FREE MEALS through June 30, 2022
FREE meals for all children through the summer!
Meals continue to be FREE for all children 18 & younger.
- Parents will be asked for student/child identification upon pick up of meals at curbside and neighborhood delivery locations.
- Students attending Power Summer Programs will be offered breakfast, lunch and a snack daily beginning June 28-August 13, 2021.
- If your student is not enrolled in Power Summer Programs, each Wednesday or Thursday, 7 days of meals will be offered including 7 breakfast entrees, 7 lunch entrees, fresh fruits, vegetables and milk.
*Menu may change due to availability, weather and unforeseen facilities emergencies.*
- June 30-August 12, 2021: Parents or students may pick up meals at any school site or neighborhood as listed on the schedule, they do not need to be enrolled at that school.
- If poor weather conditions, power outages or emergencies occur, families will be notified as soon as possible of meal service day/time changes as needed. Curbside and neighborhood deliveries are first come, first served.
Our vision is to teach every student to seek, grow, and prepare delicious nourishing food. We hope to empower students to make choices that positively influence their health, community, and the environment.
Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand. Our department is a team of food and nutrition professionals dedicated to students' health, well being, and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices. All meals, foods, and beverages sold or served at schools meet or exceed state and federal requirements which are based on the USDA Dietary Guidelines. We provide all students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet their health and nutrition needs.
We serve fresh and nourishing food every day. We use locally sourced and organic ingredients whenever possible and we avoid highly processed foods, high fructose corn syrup, chemicals, dyes, and food additives. Salad Bars are offered daily at every middle/high school and Wednesday - Friday's at all elementary schools. All salad bars are stocked with fresh, delicious and when possible, local farm-fresh produce provided by local providers: Produce Plus or Tahoe Food Hub. Fresh bagels are offered for breakfast provided by Truckee Sourdough and all our milk is provided by Stohlgrens, Inc of Truckee. All milk provided is RBST & Antibiotic Free.