Welcome to Transportation Services
School Transportation for the 2023-2024 School Year:
Parents/Guardians of TTUSD students,
We understand that this is a lot of information, but please read all of the information below regarding Transportation for the 2023-2024 school year
In order to secure a spot on the bus for next school year, all families will need to fill out a new bus pass application by July 30, 2023 in order to be confirmed on a bus route:
- One application per student must be completed to ensure a spot on the school bus.
- Each application is due by July 30, 2023
- Students eligible for transportation will be assigned to the closest and safest bus stop to their home address.
- Students will be required to have a current 2023-2024 bus pass in order to board and ride the bus.
- There will be no charge for bus passes for the 2023-24 school year, with the exception of a $10 fee to replace any lost or damaged pass or to make any stop changes on the bus pass.
Students will be required to have a current 2023-2024 bus pass in order to board and ride the bus, every time they ride the bus. They will be assigned to the closest and safest bus stop to their home address.
While our hope is to provide busing for all families that NEED transportation, there may be situations that require us to limit services. In the case that we have to limit services based on school site, neighborhood, interdistrict transfer students or intradistrict transfer students or by attending a school of choice, we will approve riders according to the following priority list as seats become available for busing:
- Special Education with an IEP for transportation (SpEd)
- Socio Economically Disadvantaged (SED list)
- School of residence neighborhood
- Kinders with siblings currently riding the bus
- Intra-district school of choice
- Inter-district approved variance
- Transitional Kinders with siblings currently riding the bus (if aide support on the bus)
- Transitional Kinders (if aide support on the bus)
TRUCKEE COMMUNITY REC CENTER CRS:
If you are approved to use the TRUCKEE COMMUNITY REC CENTER, you MUST read the link below (stop must be approved by the Transportation Dept.
Attached is the School Transportation Safety Plan:
By applying for a bus pass you are confirming that you have received, read, and understand the Transportation Safety Plan rules and regulations for bus riders. When applying for a bus pass, you confirm your agreement/understanding of the rules of the school bus, and agree that your student will be held responsible for any rules that they do not follow pertaining to the bus.
Please be advised that the district does not supervise bus stops and that the district is not responsible for the control and conduct of students at the bus stop. Parents should not neglect their responsibility of supervising their students until they safely board the school bus.
This is the link for the bus pass application:
Director of Transportation
(530) 550-0745 Ext 20580
(530) 550-0776 Ext 20581
(530) 550-0745 Ext 20585
Lead Dispatcher &
(530) 550-0745 Ext 20583
(530) 550-0745 Ext 20586
(530) 550-0745 Ext 20588
(530) 550-0745 Ext 20587
5:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Office Hours &
Bus Pass Questions:
8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
(530) 550-0739 fax
12485 Joerger Dr, Truckee, CA 96161