NTS School Counseling
- WELCOME! We're so glad you're here. The North Tahoe School Counseling Program aims to provide comprehensive school counseling services that encourage the achievement of every student.
- - Promote and enhance all students through academic, career and personal/social development.
- - Design activities that are proactive and preventative in focus.
- - Provide individual and small group counseling for students and families.
- - Ensure that all students acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential to becoming a productive member of society.
- - Academic skills support
- - Organizational, study and test-taking skills
- - Education in understanding self and others
- - Coping strategies
- - Peer relationships and effective social skills
- - Communication, problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- - Career awareness, exploration and planning
- - Substance abuse education
- - Bully/teasing prevention activities
- Individual Student Planning
- - Goal-setting
- - Academic planning
- - Career planning
- - Transition planning
- Responsive Services:
- - Individual and small group counseling
- - Individual/family/school crisis intervention
- - Conflict Resolution
- - Consultation/collaboration
- - Referrals
- In addition to providing guidance, planning and responsive services, the school counseling team also:
- - Assists with welcoming incoming 6th graders and new students to NTS
- - Works closely with teachers and administrators to provide a safe and effective learning environment for students
- - Connects students and families to community services
- - Coordinates SSTs and 504 plans for students and their families
- - Assists with the WEB (Where Everyone Belongs) program on campus
Days on Campus M, T, W, F
(530) 581-7050 Ext. 22415
Days on Campus W,Th, F
(530) 581-7050 Ext. 22416