- Cold Stream Alternative
TTUSD's UPDATED COVID Quarantine Protocols
TTUSD’s Updated COVID-19 Quarantining Protocol, March 21, 2022
Protocols for individuals with symptoms of illness
An individual who has any symptoms of illness must stay home and quarantine immediately.
- Symptoms of illness include a runny nose, sore throat, fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, body aches, headache, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, nasal congestion, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting.
- If the individual with symptoms takes a COVID-19 test and they test negative, they can return to school after symptoms have resolved and they are fever-free for 24 hours (regardless of vaccination status).
- TTUSD offers a FREE COVID testing clinic Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m., non-holiday for students and staff. No appointment is needed. See below for details.
- If an individual tests positive for COVID, they must isolate at home. If they remain free of symptoms of illness, they can take a COVID test on or after day 5. If their test is negative on or after day 5, they may return to school on or after Day 6, showing proof of the negative test. If the test is positive on or after Day 5, they must remain isolated until they receive a negative test or after 10 days, whichever comes first.
- The first day of symptoms is considered Day 0 - the next day is Day 1.
- If the individual chooses not to take a test - isolation continues for 10 days from symptom onset, 24 hours fever free (no fever-reducing medication) and symptoms are resolved.
Protocols for individuals who were in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19
- Fully Vaccinated: If the individual is asymptomatic, no quarantine is needed but they should monitor themselves for symptoms.
- Unvaccinated (Exposure at school): Quarantine for 5 days. The student or staff member may return after day 5 if asymptomatic and their COVID test is negative. If at any time, the student or staff member is symptomatic, they will be presumed positive and must quarantine at home.
- Unvaccinated (Exposure at Home: Unmasked): Students or staff members must quarantine at home for 10 days. NOTE: If the positive case in the home is not able to isolate from the employee during their isolation period, the employee’s 10 day quarantine period starts when the individual’s isolation period ends.